How to structure a large Confluence page to reduce possible merge conflicts?

Vivian Richter January 18, 2023

While it is clear how to resolve Confluence merge conflicts, as described here: Concurrent Editing and Merging Changes

I am wondering if there are "best practices" to prevent the frequent occurring of merge conflicts. It seems that even though Confluence should only detect issues when people edit the same area on a page, issues even appear if I try to separate areas.

Does somebody understand better the details of the merge? For example, would it help to add more headings or something else? Any suggestion welcome.

1 comment

Laura Campbell _Seibert Media_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 18, 2023

Hi @Vivian Richter welcome to Community!

I would say the best practice to avoid merge conflicts is to not disable collaborative editing. That way, people can see in real time what someone else is editing.

Is there a particular reason you have disabled collaborative editing on your instance? That might help understand your use case.

Like Andy Gladstone likes this
Vivian Richter January 24, 2023

Thank you, this feature is not accessible for me. Admins are elsewhere and in my understanding, this feature has been disabled because it lead to performance issues.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events