How to restrict Confiform field to show results containing a specific Jira issuetype

Adrian M September 22, 2022

I've set the Field Type to Jira and I'm able to get results in the Field on the page. However it gives me all issuetypes when a match is found. How can I restrict to only search and show a specific issuetype? 

For example: If I enter "Azure" (no quotes) I want it to return a list of Epics that contain "Azure" in the Summary field. Instead I get all issuetypes in the results such as Story, Task, Spike, Epic .. etc

1 comment

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 22, 2022

Hi @Adrian M and welcome to this community

Consider using the web service dropdown (advanced) field and setting it up to query your Jira with a predefined JQL query

Something we show for components and metadata

https://wiki.vertuna.com/display/TEST/Building+a+dropdown+field+in+ConfiForms+backed+by+webservice+call+to+Jira+Rest+API+-+createmeta

https://wiki.vertuna.com/display/TEST/Building+a+dropdown+field+in+ConfiForms+backed+by+webservice+call+to+Jira+Rest+API+-+components+field

With service URL call to be something like (of course matching your JQL criteria)

/rest/api/2/search?jql=resolution%20%3D%20Unresolved%20

and mapping for the field

Screenshot 2022-09-23 at 09.42.08.png

Alex

Adrian M September 23, 2022

Thanks for the welcome and your response, Alex.

I did try that by picking the only web service connection that showed up on the list. And I set the fields as suggested. But I get a "No matches found" message in the dropdown. Not sure if I need to create a webservice for this. If so, I don't have access to do that (the manage connections button shows I don't have access). Would there be a workaround?

image.png

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 23, 2022

Hard to tell by looking at this screenshot only - is the connection you have is to your Jira server? Have you correctly defined and url encoded the JQL you pass to "search" API endpoint?

And if you dont have an access to define the connection then you need to ask someone who has, as the prerequisites for this field is to set up a connection to you Jira

Alex

Like Adrian M likes this
Adrian M February 1, 2023

Sorry, coming back to this question. 

Is there any other way of restricting the results rendered from Jira to Epic issuetype only?

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 1, 2023

Are you asking about listing only issues of a an issue type "Epic" in the dropdown?

Just define OWN JQL as noted earlier to narrow your search results

Screenshot 2023-02-02 at 08.43.11.png

Alex

Like Adrian M likes this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events