How to display the date and time of access to a confluence page?

Edgardo Roman April 24, 2020

I imagine that this would be a common and easy question.  But I cannot find a straight answer anywhere in the web (that including confluence knowledge base).   I just need to find a way to display the current date (at a minimum) and the current time at the moment the page is loaded for viewing.   It is not a requirement to be refreshing all the time.   Just at the moment of access.   I am not an confluence admin, only admin my organizations' space.  So the solution should be at that level. 

Thank you.

2 comments

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 24, 2020

I think you should be able to write a "user macro" that simply displays "now date and time" when it is rendered.  It'll be accurate to a few seconds and stay displayed until the next refresh.

I suspect you found nothing about this because no-one really cares when they open a web page.  I visit hundreds of pages a day nowadays, and would have a very long internet history if I didn't clear it (dating back a while before we even had browsers), and I've never had a need to think about when I opened any of them. 

Dominic Lagger
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 25, 2020

I agree with @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- . 

A good option would be a user macro, but since you are not the confluence administrator, you won't have access to write a user macro.

Perhaps you can contact your confluence administrator and suggest him to write a user macro for you.

Regards, Dominic

Edgardo Roman April 27, 2020

Some of my customers care. 

If the page is a source of a report that the like to have in their hands (shock, some still like paper!)  y it is useful to know when it was generated.  Specially, if your page refreshes based on Jira macros (that looks at Jira issue fields that can change).

So to that effect, is there a way a pdf export date / time can be inserted in the page?

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events