Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to build a documentation framework to allow cross-linked function visibility

Billy Dale August 15, 2019

Hi, 

I'm trying to get a documentation system going on in the company. For context, we are an IoT company, and have a few pieces of hardware, along with services that we offer based on data generated from the hardware, along with external sources feeding into the systems.

We want to have a system that allows us to document product requirements, tech requirements that not only link to certain features that the company is working on, but also so that there is visibility of where they fit into other areas of the business.

I.e. if we want to develop a feature, this feature will sit within multiple areas of the company, there needs to be consideration of the firmware, software that are also engaged with other pieces of hardware in the company, along with other features.

We are looking at generating a skeleton for future documentation to be stored, but unsure as to how it can be linked together so that things aren't missed in future work.

1 answer

1 vote
Michael Kuhl {Appfire}
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 15, 2019

Hi @Billy Dale Check out this Atlassian article: Confluence for Software Teams.  It can work for HW teams as well.  I think you will find it helpful.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events