Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you make the perfect Confluence page?

John Almeida June 21, 2019

This has been a discussion long debated in our office. To be honest, most of us just dump ðŸ’© a ton of text on a page which quickly dissipates into the ether.

Do you take the time to build formatted pages with tables that link to Jira, insert charts or diagrams, or embed Confluence pages within Confluence pages (Confluence-ception)?

I need to know... How do you and/or your co-workers make Confluence pages that are easy to read, understandable and referenced regularly by the org?

2 answers

1 vote
Pankaj Jangid
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 21, 2019

In my previous company I used to maintain a plugin. Technical writers used to use all sorts of tools. Writing text with pictures created with gliphy or using an external tool. For tables we had purchased a plugin at that time.

Our plugin would then generated a PDF and HTML bundle. That was then shipped with the product that the company was building. We used it for product documentation.

There were no references to Jira issues in our Confluence pages.

0 votes
James Bullock June 21, 2019

Have me write it?

Seriously, if you're gonna set up a straight line like that...

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events