How do I view published/last modified date for all pages in a space?

Jennifer P February 8, 2022

How can I generate a report that lists the age of every page in a single space?
I just became admin of a knowledge base with hundreds of disorganized and out of date pages. I need to see the publish date or last modified date for each page so I can determine content age and how/when they should be scheduled for updating or archiving. There isn't a label, author, search term, or macro that appears on every page since they were created by different people at different times. 
Advanced search displays correctly but I can't export that to a report since results are on 50+ pages. Page Properties Report won't work because it's not on every page. I can't pull based on labels because some articles don't have any. 

2 comments

Lorenzo Phillips
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 8, 2022

@Jennifer P give Instance Auditor (Confluence) a try. Once installed, go to the admin panel and click on the Global Content Audit link in the left menu bar. Then click on the Space Details tab and select the desired space in the drop-down. This should pull up the information you need "and" allow you to export the data to csv, xlsx, or pdf. If necessary, you can also copy the data to the clipboard and paste in the app of your choice.

Like Michelle Schmidt likes this
Tibor Balázs February 8, 2022

Hi @Jennifer P 

You can do this in multiple ways depending on how your setup looks like: Do you have Confluence Cloud or Confluence Server?

1. If you use Confluence Server, you might want to look at this article: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-questions/How-to-export-a-list-of-pages-and-if-possible-their-space-the/qaq-p/787013

2. If you use Confluence Cloud I can give you a couple of ideas: 

a. Try Confluence Premium and it will give you Analytics: Go to Analytics-> Pages and you can export from there

b. In the Space Sidebar if you click on "Pages" it will show you the whole list of Pages in the Space and when it was last Modified. There is no export button, but you can copy/paste that data into another tool and have exactly what you need. 

c. You could export your Space as an .xml and get rid of all the unnecessary data from it (really hard manual work)

d. You can anytime use APIs to get your data using CQL: https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/confluence/advanced-searching-using-cql/

e. And of course there are always 3rd party apps just like Lorenzo suggested, but usually these require a paid license based on the number of users you have in your whole instance. Require admin access to setup and manage in your whole Confluence instance.

I hope I gave you some options that you find helpful.  

Like # people like this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events