How do I use the excerpt macro and excerpt include?

Deleted user October 8, 2019

I've followed the instructions but cannot create a functioning Excerpt Macro / Excerpt Include to insert one section of a page into another page. Nothing appears in the page. I'd appreciate your assistance. I use Version 7 of Confluence.

1 comment

Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 8, 2019

You put the excerpt macro on the page that you want to be mirrored. Put your content inside the excerpt macro. On the page you want to see the content you put the excerpt include macro. In the excerpt include macro properties you select the page that has the excerpt macro.

If you do not have view access to the page with the excerpt macro then you won't see the excerpt ... you'll get an error.  The only other thing that I can that might be an issue could the content index. Check to see if the index queue has finished indexing all the recent changes. Barring that you might need to re-build the content index.

Like Dara likes this
Deleted user October 8, 2019

Ah!  Thank you very much!  You are a life saver!

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events