Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I show Features on a Confluence page?

Sarah Sherer July 25, 2019

Hello,

I'm trying to add in Features on a confluence page just like you with issues. Is this possible?

2 comments

David Puchosic July 25, 2019

Do you mean a Jira Issue, with a "Type" that is a "Feature". If so, the Jira Issue should display as a link or in a table regardless of it's type. How are you adding it to the Confluence page?

Sarah Sherer July 25, 2019

I want to be able to display features on a confluence page, but I'm not sure how to do that. 

David Puchosic July 25, 2019

Typically Confluence and Jira will be linked, then within the Confluence Editor you have a couple of options:

1. Paste a specific Jira Issue Link in a format like this: (https://<jira>/browse/KEY-1)
  2. Select the + to insert the "Jira" Macro. Inside that macro you can either again add a specific issue like "KEY-1" OR a query

Jira Macro Documentation https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/jira-issues-macro-139380.html

Sarah Sherer July 26, 2019

What is a query?

Sarah Sherer July 26, 2019

How do I add a query?

David Puchosic July 29, 2019

If you use the Jira Macro, you can perform a Search with JQL against the Jira data. Use the Display Options and Table to show multiple issues on the Confluence side.  Something like this, where Project is the Jira project and type are Issue Types configured on your Jira instance. 

project = ATL and type in (Story, Bug, Feature)
Sarah Sherer July 30, 2019

how do i put in the name to a specific feature for the code above?

David Puchosic July 30, 2019

For a single issue you should be able to just reference the issue key ATL-1, which is the project key and incremented number, 2, 3 ...100 etc.  You can show a single issue as a table and include description fields etc.... embedding the Jira issue content you want vs a link.

Our "features" are Epics so our type is actually Epic, so the above is also assuming Jira is configured with a "Feature" issue type.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events