Home page, header

Bhakti Honmute January 21, 2021

1. How can i give cross-linking within a page?

2. How to create a homepage where anonymous user can access other spaces?

3, How to hide header some elements for anonymous user?

kindly assist on above questions?

1 comment

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 21, 2021
  1. Anchors is the old macro, now you do it with this: https://support.atlassian.com/confluence-cloud/docs/insert-the-anchor-macro/ - note that it's a bit of a pain if you want to jump within a page, you have to get the headers right and saved before you can generate the link automatically, then re-edit the page to add it (you can, of course, manually build the url).  I usually question the desire to do this on the same page though, it implies your page is a long wall of text, which is less than ideal for a reader.
  2. Confluence has a default dashboard home page (which you can change to a selected page in a space if you want) and spaces have a default home page as well.  You don't need to create a homepage, there is already one.   I do not understand what you're asking when you say "anonymous user can access other spaces".  Anonymous usage is irrelevant to creating home pages
  3. Confluence automatically does not display some things to anonymous users, mostly things that you have chosen not to show them by using space permissions or page restrictions. 
Like Bill Bailey likes this
Bhakti Honmute January 21, 2021

Thanks for a quick reply. 

1. Confluence has a default dashboard home page (which you can change to a selected page in a space if you want) and spaces have a default home page as well.  You don't need to create a homepage, there is already one.   I do not understand what you're asking when you say "anonymous user can access other spaces".  Anonymous usage is irrelevant to creating home pages - Anonymous user should not see the spaces options on header and user can access other spaces through this home page. 
  2. I want to hide spaces, template, create header element from global header - can you please assist on this?
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 21, 2021

You don't "access other spaces through a home page".  This is going to be easier to explain if I explain a bit about how Confluence works.

I think of it as presenting three layers when you are looking at it.

• The Confluence layer gives you broadly the layout and things like the menu bar at the top, the side panels, and system "pages" like search and administration.
  • The Space layer is a sub-container that provides space-specific formatting (via custom css and html), but is mostly about the space administration stuff like permissions, content settings and so-on
  • Finally, there's the page layer - this is simply the content of the page.

The menus you are looking at are Confluence level, they are nothing to do with spaces.  My point here is that they have nothing to do with the "home page", they are global and appear no matter where you are in Confluence.

Some of their content is dynamic though.  If an anonymous user does not have access to space X, then space X will not appear on their list of favourites or recently used in the spaces menu (nor will it appear in the space list if they go there).

So on to the specifics of which items you want to hide:

• Spaces: You can't hide this, but that's fine because you really don't want to.  It provides the navigation that allows people to get around without having to search or know exactly what page they need by virtue of having a url for it.   It won't show them spaces they can't see though.
  • Templates and Create can both be hidden - Confluence will not display them when the user does not have any permission to create pages in any space

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events