Home directory

Hans Zemp April 29, 2022

Where is my home directory?

3 comments

Hans Zemp April 29, 2022

I'm talking about a server in the cloud.

G subramanyam
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 29, 2022

Hi @Hans Zemp welcome to the Atlassian community.

Based on your query, I am able to get some detail related to Home directory on Confluence server.

Here's the quick glance FYI:

Finding the home directory >>

The location of the Confluence home directory is defined when you install Confluence. This location is stored in the confluence-init.properties file, which is located in the confluence/WEB-INF/classes directory of your Confluence Installation directory. 

When Confluence is running you can find the location of the home directory in  > General Configuration > System Information > Confluence Information - Confluence Home.

Note: I found those steps and documentation to share insights for your query.

Like Srinatha T likes this
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 29, 2022

On Confluence Cloud, you don't care where your home directory is.  But I'm not sure you mean "home directory"

In the sense I read it, you're expecting a directory in a file system which you can navigate to and use the files in.

In that sense, you personally don't have one.  The Confluence system you are using does, but you have no access to it, so you don't care where it is.

If you actually mean "where is my data physically located on the disks that Confluence is using", see https://support.atlassian.com/security-and-access-policies/docs/understand-data-residency/

If you mean the "home" place that Confluence considers to be my home, in Confluence, then it's the top page in your personal space (if you have one).  Click your profile icon, you should see it's the first line in the drop-down menu.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events