Gliffy - "disappearing" icons after a diagram is edited

Bill Rudy July 23, 2020

We are experiencing an off and on problem with Gliffy diagrams where after an existing diagram is edited and saved, some icons "disappear" (do not display).  However, going back into Gliffy edit mode on the diagrams, they are there, just not showing up after it is saved and you return to the Confluence page (it doesn't matter if you are in edit mode on the Confluence page or not). A workaround has been to copy/paste those same icons on top of themselves, but that has met with mixed results and is obviously not an acceptable long-term answer.

This is on v6.15 Server, by the way. I can't speak to Cloud or other versions. 

Anyone else getting this and/or have any insights? 

1 comment

Samie Kaufman - Your Gal at Gliffy
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 23, 2020

Hi Bill!

I know our team has been working hard on rolling out new shapes (sorry for the spoiler!), so I wonder if this is maybe related... Would you mind sending a screenshot or two to support@gliffy.com?

I also know that we had a fix for a similar bug go out in a Gliffy update at the end of June. If you could confirm your current version with the support team, that would be really helpful!

Thanks for your help.

Samie

Like Bill Rudy likes this
Bill Rudy July 23, 2020

HI Samie, and thank you for the super fast reply!  Clarification: this is for inserted icons (graphics), not shapes.  Email sent.  Appreciate any help!

Bill Rudy July 23, 2020

Update, tech support contacted me and had an answer.  I have no idea why this works, but I tried it on several diagrams and it worked each time.

Edit the diagram, select the icon(s) that are disappearing, and select send to back from the toolbar, then save the diagram.

FWIW this was on Gliffy 8.6.2.

Samie Kaufman - Your Gal at Gliffy
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 23, 2020

Yesss, thanks for dropping in a workaround! Glad there was a quick fix for you. :)

Like Bill Rudy likes this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events