Gadget.common.error.500 in Confluence

Ernie Jennings February 1, 2018

This error appeared after upgrading from 5.10.4  to 6.2.4 This appears to be happening only in the Activity Stream.500 error.png

Thanks

8 comments

Guilherme V.
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 21, 2018

Hi Ernie.

That can be a network problem. Did you update the *server.xml* file after upgrading Confluence? If Confluence is behind a proxy, you'd have to update that file after upgrading it.

What about the Application Link? Is it working?

Ernie Jennings April 23, 2019

Yes I updated the server.xml. What  should I be looking for specifically?

Ernie Jennings June 17, 2019

I have upgraded from 6.2.4 to 6.13.4 and I'm still having the same issue. Can anyone from Atlassian give me a definitive answer on how to fix this?

Has anyone been able to resolve this issue?

StephanieC April 9, 2018

We are getting this too, but its more than just activity feed. Roadmap planner, and a few others. Also, when you go to configure the gadget, its not always the correct configuration questions. 

Application link works fine. We are on 6.2.3 with plans to upgrade to 6.8 in the next month. 

Same for Chrome & Firefox

We are running 6.7 in DEV and get a different Error: gadgeterror.png

Kevin Hogan August 7, 2019

try deleting this macro and adding back to the page. I had the options identical to yours. Once I added it back I now have different options.

Chaitanya Srinadhu February 20, 2019

Any update on this issue? Were you able to resolve this issue?

Like # people like this
Ernie Jennings April 23, 2019

No, still having issues.

Matt Ladewig March 11, 2019

I'm having the same issue, confluence server 6.14.1

Like Stefan_Quandt likes this
fdsa April 11, 2019

Having the same issue with jira since update! server.xml is 100% identical with the backup.

S_ Toyo August 5, 2019

My Jira and confluence have the same issue ever since UPGRADING. Wtheck. :(

Ernie Jennings August 6, 2019

WOW, so many of us having the same problem and no definitive answer. I still have the issue going on  1 year and 5 months later.

Like # people like this
S_ Toyo August 6, 2019

@Ernie JenningsWow you had this issue for THAT long? :( ugh it makes me regret upgrading....... But we had to because of a Atlassian leak. So we were advised to upgrade everything. But now we are stuck with this horrible health check error that won't go away!

Ernie Jennings August 7, 2019

Thankfully, it's not affecting functionality, it's just annoying.

Well good luck and maybe someday we will get an answer :-)

Like S_ Toyo likes this

Hey @S_ Toyo , did you see what Kevin H found?

I fought this problem for hours. For me, I updated the cacert and the problem did not resolve. Then went and edited the page. Deleted the existing activity stream macro and then added what looks like a newer version of the macro. The page now loads in a timely manner and I am no longer receiving the error message.

The red is what my page had. The green is what I replaced it with.

confluence.png

Like S_ Toyo likes this

Good job Kevin! I will try this. Thanks man!!!

So that Confluence Activity Stream Plugin is a System app. Were you instructed by Atlassian Support or did you delete the app by your own volition?

Yep, the one you have circled in red is the same that I have.

This is really interesting why NO ONE from ATLASSIAN SUPPORT got back with me on this!!! I have been dealing with this for over a year.

Like S_ Toyo likes this

I found their support to be lacking to say the least. I had to find it on my own.

I did not delete or disable the plugin. I just removed the macro from the page. When I went to put it back on the page, I discovered the 2 macro options. I am assuming that they updated the macro but during the upgrade process custom pages did not get the updated version. 

Urgh, I don't see the new Activity Stream. What version are you on?

StephanieC August 8, 2019

That macro on our version 6.14.2 is called "Recently Added" and has the same icon - but it works !! 

Like Kevin Hogan likes this

confluence2.png

Yep, not there :-(      I'm on 6.13.4. 

Sorry to get your hopes up.

We too were on a 5.x version. Upgraded, don't bother with the instructions the are wrong, We found a problem, contacted support and we were told that the version they just helped us install was no longer supported and that we had to upgrade to this version. Was told that it was a straight forward update. Nope, it overwrote all config files. Finally got everything working and had this issue. The error was also causing the page to take forever to load and was displaying pictures in native size. Speed, pictures are back to normal and the error is gone after replacing the macro.

S_ Toyo August 7, 2019

@Kevin HoganSorry haha but how do we find the macros?

Kevin Hogan August 8, 2019

That one looks built in. I am not sure how to find it. While editing the page, all I had to do is start typing {activ  and it popped up. I am very new to Confluence admin, less than a month.

StephanieC August 26, 2019

Try the "Recently Added" Macro - its the same . Not sure why it is different on some versions or instances. 

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events