Filter Results Macro Displays in Preview and First View After Publishing Only

Alex Romano February 16, 2021

Hi everyone, I am attempting to use the Filter Results gadget in a Confluence (cloud) page.

Thus far:

1. I, a site administrator, created the filter in JIRA and set permissions and shares so that I can see it.
  2. I have configured the fields to display and set the refresh interval to 2 hours (had it set to "Never", tried changing that to see if it helped)
  3. When I am in editing mode, the results display.
  4. I click Publish, and the page loads with the results displayed.
  5. I refresh the page and the results do not display, and only an empty border with a scrolling bar is presented, and nothing else.
  6. I modified the filter to return less than the hundreds of results it was returning, but it did not improve the gadget's disposition.
  7. Reproducible in Chrome and Safari.

Previously reported bugs on these gadgets appear closed, so I am unsure how to proceed in troubleshooting this, and perhaps I'm missing something very basic.

Thank you in advance!

2 comments

Bryan Nakambonde February 16, 2021

have you tried checking your filter Board settings? 

Alex Romano February 17, 2021

My apologies @Bryan Nakambonde, but I'm not really sure what you mean. Can you clarify the process you are recommending?

Roman_Bozeman April 13, 2022

@Bryan Nakambonde I am having the same behavior. This macro is unstable. I have tried working with it and get multiple different results. It will simply delete the filter name half the time. I tried having several of these macros on the same page. FORGET IT! I finally gave up.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events