It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Exporting to PDF Edited

I've been assigned to create custom formatting for exporting to PDF. There are a lot of attributes that can be customized, as is outlined in the Atlassian documentation. As a newbie to Confluence and CSS/HTML, I'm a bit overwhelmed by the possibilities.

Since there is so much that can be done, I'm curious to see how others have customized their PDF formatting.

What have you customized for your instance's PDF format? If you haven't customized anything yet, what are some things you'd like to have customized?

1 comment

In my case, we developed a User Macro that can be inserted to any page and will not actually render anything. However, it will affect the output of the PDF export.

This macro is really simple and have so far only two options :

• Landscape mode
  • Table min and max width

This was requested by some of our users who wanted to be able to choose on a page basis those settings. Sometimes, the table width wouldn't render very well and it's more a problem with browsers themselves rather than one with Confluence. Cells with long text would take all the spaces and other columns would be all cramped up. This fixed our problem :)

Do you include this macro in templates so users don't have to add it every time they want it? Or is it not needed that often?

In our case, it's the users adding it themselves when needed. It's not needed that often as usually it would be to export a page and send it to someone who doesn't have access to our wiki which is hosted locally.

It's nothing fancy :

## Macro title: Export PDF in landscape
## Macro has a body: N
## Output: Selected output option
##
## by: Julien Nicolas de Verteuil

## @Param Landscape:title=Export in "Landscape"|type=boolean
## @Param MaxWidth:title=Max Width|type=string|desc=Input the max width (pixel or percent, i.e.: 100px or 15%).|required=false

#if($paramLandscape == "true")
<style>
@Page Bonifaci{
size: 297mm 210mm;
}
</style>
#end

#if ($paramMaxWidth)
<style>
td {
max-width: $paramMaxWidth;
}
</style>
#end

image.pngimage.png

Comment

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Confluence

What project did you transition or start on Confluence with the shift to remote work?

It’s been great to hear from fellow users over the last few weeks about the best tips and fun moments you’ve had working on Confluence since the transition to working remote. I’d love to keep the c...

33 views 2 4
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you