Exporting to PDF

Emily Errico June 21, 2018

I've been assigned to create custom formatting for exporting to PDF. There are a lot of attributes that can be customized, as is outlined in the Atlassian documentation. As a newbie to Confluence and CSS/HTML, I'm a bit overwhelmed by the possibilities.

Since there is so much that can be done, I'm curious to see how others have customized their PDF formatting.

What have you customized for your instance's PDF format? If you haven't customized anything yet, what are some things you'd like to have customized?

4 answers

1 vote
jndeverteuil
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 22, 2018

In our case, it's the users adding it themselves when needed. It's not needed that often as usually it would be to export a page and send it to someone who doesn't have access to our wiki which is hosted locally.

It's nothing fancy :

## Macro title: Export PDF in landscape
## Macro has a body: N
## Output: Selected output option
##
## by: Julien Nicolas de Verteuil

## @Param Landscape:title=Export in "Landscape"|type=boolean
## @Param MaxWidth:title=Max Width|type=string|desc=Input the max width (pixel or percent, i.e.: 100px or 15%).|required=false

#if($paramLandscape == "true")
<style>
@Bonifacp{
size: 297mm 210mm;
}
</style>
#end

#if ($paramMaxWidth)
<style>
td {
max-width: $paramMaxWidth;
}
</style>
#end

image.pngimage.png

1 vote
Emily Errico June 22, 2018

Do you include this macro in templates so users don't have to add it every time they want it? Or is it not needed that often?

0 votes
Wojciech Andryszek_Deviniti July 4, 2023

Oh, man, it so good to know this. Thank you for the example. :)

Best regards,
Wojciech Andryszek

0 votes
jndeverteuil
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 21, 2018

In my case, we developed a User Macro that can be inserted to any page and will not actually render anything. However, it will affect the output of the PDF export.

This macro is really simple and have so far only two options :

• Landscape mode
  • Table min and max width

This was requested by some of our users who wanted to be able to choose on a page basis those settings. Sometimes, the table width wouldn't render very well and it's more a problem with browsers themselves rather than one with Confluence. Cells with long text would take all the spaces and other columns would be all cramped up. This fixed our problem :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events