Empty space categories

Burhan_Bayazit May 18, 2022

i cannot delete empty space categories. they are not gone themselves too. in the atlassian documentation is written "If you remove all spaces from a category, the category will no longer appear in the Space Directory. There's no way to bulk remove a category, but you can choose the category in the Space Directory to find all the spaces it appears on, and then remove it from each space. "

1 comment

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 18, 2022

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

The documentation is accurate.  There is no "delete category" because you don't need one.

Remove the unwanted category from each space that currently has it.  The category will disappear.

Burhan_Bayazit May 19, 2022

Thank you! i am happy to be member of Atlassian Community.
You are probably right. but the problem is here. Our confluence has a lot of empty categories. They have no link or no label or no tag. But they are still appearing.msedge_PcdlW8xyP2.pngmsedge_P39lFlAW2I.pngmsedge_8w60d3jJM1.png

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 19, 2022

I'm afraid that is exactly how it works.  You need to remove the label from the space os spaces that still have it.

But I know what the problem is here - you are looking at the space directory, which will only list spaces you can see.  There are one or more spaces you cannot see and you'll find the label is attached to one of them.

Try listing the spaces in the Admin interface - admins can always see and configure a space (even if they can't see the content!)

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events