Draw.io "Error saving file"

Andrew Hickton February 18, 2018

I am finding that I can no longer add or edit Draw.io diagrams from Confluence Cloud.

The error "Error saving file" is displayed in Draw.io when saving a diagram.

It is only today that I noticed this problem - a few days ago it was working fine.

Update 19 Feb 2018 19:30 UTC

Saving Draw.io diagrams to Confluence Cloud is now working again for me.  This seems to have happened by itself as I did not do anything different to have it start working again.

Draw-io-error.png

9 comments

legokim February 18, 2018

same error to me

Eli_Doll February 18, 2018

We too are experiencing this error

David Benson _draw_io_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 21, 2018

Sorry, yes, didn't see your posts. There was an error on Sunday evening that we got resolved shortly afterwards.

Eli_Doll February 21, 2018

Thanks David. Yes, working now at our end.

Logan Ogston May 30, 2018

Still getting this error

David Benson _draw_io_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 30, 2018

Can you describe full reproduction steps please?

Tim June 14, 2018

I'm getting it too, all of a sudden.

David Benson _draw_io_
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 15, 2018

Can you describe full reproduction steps please, as well as the result?

Tim June 15, 2018

I can't really create it.  I was able to edit and save drawings, then suddenly, i got the error saving.  I can say that I moved a set of pages to a different Space.  I have admin privs so I don't think that was involved.  I moved the pages back to the original space and the error persisted.  After a while, the error went away.

Darren Garner March 3, 2019

This issue started occurring for me today.  I've tried using chrome and firefox and even went so far as to reboot my machine.  The error persists.

Anton Selikhov May 22, 2019

I have such error right now,

Any quick fix possible ?

David Benson _draw_io_
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 22, 2019

If you have the issue, it's not the issue the other posters are having. Please submit full reproduction steps and environment details to support@draw.io.

Anton Selikhov May 22, 2019

Thanks, submitted.

However, I do not understand the meaning of your first phrase. My issue was the same as other posters had. What was wrong about posting it here?

Like Natasja_Spring_Ehlers likes this
David Benson _draw_io_
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 22, 2019

I understand it looks the same, but the issue here was a specific problem that Confluence Cloud was having at the time of the first post. That problem doesn't exist now, so we need to investigate your details to work out what's going on in your case.

Natasja_Spring_Ehlers May 22, 2019

I have the error as well :-(

Can no longer save my file

David Benson _draw_io_
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 22, 2019

Atlassian have filed an active incident.

황인기 May 22, 2019

I'm facing error still, but atlassian said it's resolved(https://confluence.status.atlassian.com/incidents/7qt4rwh2klw5).

is it working???

David Benson _draw_io_
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 22, 2019

It's broke again, Atlassian have a new incident for it, https://confluence.status.atlassian.com/incidents/rqwqbrlt6llz

ob June 10, 2020

Hi,

I face the same issue and the error only appears to me if I try to edit the diagram directly by pressing the "edit icon" on the left corner on the diagram when I'm on the page in the Confluence "View" mode.

But if I switch first to the Confluence "Edit" mode, then go to the diagram and click the edit button, then it works after clicking "Save&Exit" button in draw.io.

So in short:

Editing and saving the diagram only works if you first switch to the "Edit" mode first in Confluence.

I assume this is a bug? Or what do you think?

ShinKai Ma September 16, 2020

Hi All,

I solved this issue by whitelisting draw.io in antivirus software (in my case, I use avast).

Like # people like this
Primoz Majhen November 5, 2021

This was the solution for me. 11/05/2021.

I was unable to export the diagram to an image or PDF. I'm very thankful for your comment because it saved me a lot of trouble.

ob September 16, 2020

Since few weeks I don't face this error anymore. I still use the same laptop with same setup, so not sure what fixed it finally :). Maybe the plugin or Confluence had some updates...?

Mohab Hany August 16, 2022

Hello Support team,

The software was working fine on https://app.diagrams.net/ except now, when I try to save as PDF, I’m faced with an Error message (Error Saving File) and I don’t know how to save my project since then.

Draw-io-error.png

Please assist in solving this problem.

Appreciate your help!

Eric Beppler May 5, 2023

In my case I was able to reproduce this error by attempting to insert a Draw.io diagram into a previously unpublished page. Publishing the page, entering the editor, and re-attempting the insert resolved the issue. Hopefully this helps someone! 

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events