Draw.io - linking diagrams that were created in one page to a new page

hadasky April 16, 2019

Hi,

In the past I was able to link a draw.io diagram created in one page to another page and then edit it in the new page.

Few versions ago (don't remember when) this was changed, and you can only edit the diagram in the original page it was created in. The problem is that if you've deleted the original page, the digram is lost forever. 

This means that I have to create multiple versions of the same digram every time I use it.

Does anyone have the same issue?  current confluence version is 6.6.0

Thanks 

1 comment

Boris
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 17, 2019

It's true that this was possible a long time ago.

But, since we synced diagram and page revisions, we had to remove the ability to edit the diagrams from the pages that are not their source. This is because an edit from the non-source page would require us to locate all the pages showing a particular diagram and parse them to update the revision macro parameter.

This would add a lot of complexity  so we opted to always show the latest diagram revision on a non-source page and disable edits from them.

hadasky April 17, 2019

Thanks for the response, so is there a solution coming to reduce overhead of maintaining multiple instances of the same diagram? or a way to find a diagram even if the page it was attached too was removed?

Boris
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 18, 2019

If the page is removed, all of its attachments are removed as well so there's no workaround for that. That's the way Confluence does it, there is no workaround for that.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events