It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Direct editing of a Confluence page without losing focus Edited

Can we get a Confluence editor that allows us to simply click where we want to start writing or editing. The Pencil icon and Edit menu can stay but it is really annoying that as we view a document it would loss focus as the editor enters Edit mode.

I know that some users would want their pages to be protected against accidental editing, so how about you allow us to define which option we want -- per page. Either enable direct editing, probably good for often edited pages, or not allow editing unless you specifically used the Pencil or typed "e" as we do today.

2 comments

Hi @Rahav - I fully understand your trouble - I heard about an addon on one of our last Usergroups in Munich.

This will directly let you edit the content right at the point where you are -> Diary for Confluence

I know it's only available for Server but maybe there is a chance getting it for Cloud.

Thank you @Fabienne_Gerhard, I check it out.

Did you find a way?

I am currently looking for this as well

Comment

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Confluence

What project did you transition or start on Confluence with the shift to remote work?

It’s been great to hear from fellow users over the last few weeks about the best tips and fun moments you’ve had working on Confluence since the transition to working remote. I’d love to keep the c...

354 views 11 11
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you