Direct editing of a Confluence page without losing focus

Rahav August 27, 2018

Can we get a Confluence editor that allows us to simply click where we want to start writing or editing. The Pencil icon and Edit menu can stay but it is really annoying that as we view a document it would loss focus as the editor enters Edit mode.

I know that some users would want their pages to be protected against accidental editing, so how about you allow us to define which option we want -- per page. Either enable direct editing, probably good for often edited pages, or not allow editing unless you specifically used the Pencil or typed "e" as we do today.

2 comments

Fabienne Gerhard
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 27, 2018

Hi @Rahav - I fully understand your trouble - I heard about an addon on one of our last Usergroups in Munich.

This will directly let you edit the content right at the point where you are -> Diary for Confluence

I know it's only available for Server but maybe there is a chance getting it for Cloud.

Rahav August 29, 2018

Thank you @Fabienne Gerhard, I check it out.

Roxanne Gingras January 15, 2020

Did you find a way?

I am currently looking for this as well

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events