Default Language

Dan Moran April 16, 2021

I selected a default language for Confluence, and the text in the Settings, Network, Profile, etc. pages were translated, but not the text in the pages that are displayed for public view.

Is there a second step to get the pages translated, or is there something overriding this selection?

Thanks, Dan

3 comments

Vero Rivas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 22, 2021
Like Vronik likes this
Dan Moran April 23, 2021

Thanks, Vero!  That's very helpful.

What we'd really like are Spaces in two different languages, English and French, in the same Confluence instance.  So, for example, I'd create a copy of English Space A, rename it Space B, and use French as the default language for Space B.  But I've never seen any tool that will let me have Spaces in multiple languages in the same instance.  (German would be great, too!)

Have you ever heard of that pssibility?

Thanks,

Dan   

Alessandro Distefano April 23, 2021

Hi @Dan Moran 

If you need an automatic translator for your pages, you can try also our Lango app on the Atlassian marketplace.

With Lango you can:

• Manage multiple language versions of your pages;
  • Translate your content automatically via Google Translate (note: this feature requires a Google Cloud account);
  • Link multilingual contents each other.

I hope it can be of help to you :)

Dan Moran April 23, 2021

Hi Alessandro!  Thanks, I'll check this out.

Dan

Like Alessandro Distefano likes this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events