Daily report generates input on another template

roman November 5, 2019

I'm looking to reduce manual input (copy/paste). 

I have a sales team daily report template. These are created daily by the team from the template. During the day, they edit it with updated bullets. The finance team has a similar template they use to create a daily report. At the end of the day, there is a complete office report that includes input from the sales and finance report. 

I'm trying to find a way to include the updates from both teams (and potentially more) into the Office Daily Report. 

I've tried the the excerpt macros, however I run into this problem. The daily sales report is created each day as Report @currentDate . So when I create a template for the overall office, I cannot state the page of the sales excerpt for that day as it is created each day. The include excerpt field doesn't acccept the @currentDate.

Any help is appreciated. 

1 comment

Nadja Schedler November 12, 2019

Hi Roman,

I would like to present you a solution using our app called Page Tree Creator. It's main functionality is to improve working with templates.

You would be able to create your templates with a simple click and even add some placeholders or default values.
For your office report you would have a template with some excerpt includes pointing to the other templates. You could create you office report and the excerpt included will automatically adjust the references. Our templates are a little bit different than the Confluence templates because they are standard Confluence pages and the user only needs edit permission and no space admin permission, it is possible to have multi page templates. You can have buttons and placeholders to make it a lot easier creating templates.

If you are interested please have a look at our app the Page Tree Creator. If you need any more assitance just open a service desk issue. Our team is always happy to help customers.

Best Regards,

Nadja (Software Engineer at EPS Software Engineering AG, the vendor of the Page Tree Creator)

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events