Creating a test environment with PROD dump.

Parveen Sangwan December 9, 2021

Hi Support team,

I am Parveen, I am restoring Confluence Prod dump on our UAT environment. But i am getting bellow error.

" 2021-12-09 04:23:28,430 ERROR [Catalina-utility-1] [confluence.impl.setup.DefaultBootstrapDatabaseAccessor] getBootstrapData Unable to open database connection during bootstrap.
com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.CommunicationsException: Communications link failure

at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: Remote host terminated the handshake
at java.base/sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.handleEOF(Unknown Source)
at java.base/sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.decode(Unknown Source)
at java.base/sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.readHandshakeRecord(Unknown Source)
at java.base/sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.startHandshake(Unknown Source)
at java.base/sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.startHandshake(Unknown Source)
at com.mysql.jdbc.ExportControlled.transformSocketToSSLSocket(ExportControlled.java:188)
... 36 more
Suppressed: java.net.SocketException: Broken pipe (Write failed)
at java.base/java.net.SocketOutputStream.socketWrite0(Native Method)
at java.base/java.net.SocketOutputStream.socketWrite(Unknown Source)
at java.base/java.net.SocketOutputStream.write(Unknown Source)
at java.base/sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketOutputRecord.encodeAlert(Unknown Source)
at java.base/sun.security.ssl.TransportContext.fatal(Unknown Source)
at java.base/sun.security.ssl.TransportContext.fatal(Unknown Source)
... 39 more
Caused by: java.io.EOFException: SSL peer shut down incorrectly"

WHAT I DID

1. Restored mysql db backup and gave all the permission to confluence user (db user)

2.Changed site URL in s SERVER.XML. Changed DB host in confluence.cfg.xml

WE HAVE LINUX ENVIRONMENT AND SSL IS IMLEMENTED ON UAT SERVER ALSO.

2 comments

Florian PEREZ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 9, 2021

Hello, 

I think I can help on this one. 

First I see that you miss attachments to be able to get the full instance working. 

For a restore of confluence you need the dump and the attachment folder. 

Second this seems related on ssl (on certificates) not on the real configuration, so you should look into the cacerts if something is missing. 

If think the application try to connect on the other platform and thus is why you get this problem. 

Be careful when restoring you should try to find every link possible to the production and break them to avoid a big catastrophic situation! 

Andrew Wolpers December 9, 2021

A few thoughts, assuming you followed the networking/basic troubleshooting steps here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/confkb/startup-check-confluence-won-t-start-as-it-cannot-connect-to-a-database-953127209.html 

Can you get the application running without SSL and then verify it's communicating correctly with the db? 

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events