Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating New pages

Electric January 23, 2020

Hello! I have a user in my organization who currently has Site Admin access in Jira, but is unable to create new pages. He is only able to edit existing pages. 

Please let us know what we can do. 

Thank you!

2 comments

Zak Laughton
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 24, 2020

Hi Electric,

That is strange! Usually, if a user can edit pages, they should be able to add pages as well. "Edit" and "add" are both held under the same Space Permission.

To better understand the issue:

• What steps is the user taking to create new pages, and what happens when it fails?
  • Are any users able to add new pages?
  • Does this happen in more than one space?
  • Is this a cloud or server product?

Thanks!
– Zak

Jennie O'Neill January 24, 2020

Hi, 

I am getting the same issue. when I go to create a new page I just get a blank document that I am unable to edit or add any text. The only thing I seem to be able to do it change the color of the text but since I cant add any text I dont know if thats working.

I can create pages using the Blank Page (old) option. Myself and my colleague have tested this and we cannot create these new blank pages in different spaces and on different browsers/machines.

Thanks, 

Jennie

Shafat Rajput June 19, 2023

I also faced the same issue with my website User Role Editor plugin, which allows you to create custom user roles and assign specific permissions to each role.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events