Cookie issue

atsflex January 11, 2018

Has anyone seen the following error? Any feedback is helpful:

at org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol$AbstractConnectionHandler.process(AbstractProtocol.java:684)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.NioEndpoint$SocketProcessor.doRun(NioEndpoint.java:1539)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.NioEndpoint$SocketProcessor.run(NioEndpoint.java:1495)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.TaskThread$WrappingRunnable.run(TaskThread.java:61)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

10-Jan-2018 10:05:49.230 INFO [http-nio-8090-exec-2] org.apache.tomcat.util.http.LegacyCookieProcessor.processCookieHeader Cookies: Invalid cookie. Value not a token or quoted value
Note: further occurrences of Cookie errors will be logged at DEBUG level.

I don't know if it has something to do with cookie settting.  I don't want to change the setting and then this impact user logins. 

1 comment

Will Masters
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 9, 2018

Hi Nik, this issue is commonly caused by a client that is sending invalid cookie data. This means that either the cookie is incorrect or that the clients browser has a fault in the way it is setting the cookie.

It will continue sending it until the cookie expires or the cookies are cleared by the user, or the server sends a set-cookie header that clears that cookie.

The log information you have shown is at the level of INFO so unless you have a specific issue that connects it to an error in Confluence it’s merely informative of the first scenario.

It’s possible to change Tomcat’s CookieProcessor settings, to relax or adjust the interpretation of the cookie specifications, in this case however I would first try to track or log which user or client is causing this message, identify if there is an issue with the cookie or with Confluence to avoid disrupting existing users by making any server-side changes.

Kind regards,

Will.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events