Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Controlled group licensing for Connected Apps

Surra Y July 3, 2020

We have a need to use connected apps in our Confliuence, but do not want to pay for all users using the app.

In general, there are many apps that only a subset of Confluence users need to use in their own spaces. 

Is there a way to a) restrict usage to a specific user group/roles b) pay only for the users in that specific group or role?

It makes no sense to pay for 100 users, when there is only 10 users who need to use the app.

3 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 3, 2020

I would not bother - the licence policy was changed to this years ago and is very unlikely to change.  I see requests like this arrive quite regularly, and they're all resolved "won't do, that's the current way apps work"

0 votes
Surra Y July 3, 2020

That seems to be the case . .maybe I need to open a feature request?

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 3, 2020

Apps are licenced at the tier that matches your Confluence tier.  I'm afraid you'll have to pay for the 100, even if the app supports limiting users.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events