Confluence with voice recognition and text-to-speech?

Wojciech Andryszek_Deviniti May 22, 2023

Is there any chance that Confluence will have voice recognition and text-to-speech feature?

Sorry if this topic has already been brought up somewhere else. ;)

3 comments

Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 23, 2023

@Wojciech Andryszek_Deviniti welcome to the Atlassian Community. 

I could not find anything related to text to speech on the Roadmap. However there are Marketplace Applications that can add this enhancement to your Confluence site. I can recommend the following:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1230933/listenly-text-to-speech-for-confluence?tab=overview&hosting=cloud

It has a free trial. Give it a shot. 

Like # people like this
Wojciech Andryszek_Deviniti May 24, 2023

Hello and thanks @Andy Gladstone
I'll give it a shot.

Like Andy Gladstone likes this
annianni September 19, 2023

It is a good query since many people struggle with accessibility issues and it's a good thing to have an in-built TTS feature but for now you have to rely on an external text to speech API for confluence. Any decent screen reader works ...

Wojciech Andryszek_Deviniti October 10, 2023

Thanks, annianni.

Vizly Labs
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 10, 2024

Hi Wojciech,

I built Text to Speech for Confluence for this very purpose! This extension offers text-to-speech on every page in your Confluence site, allowing you to simply click a button, refresh, and have an instant audio readout of the page contents. You can check out a short demo video I created for it here.

Let me know what you think! Happy to take any feedback :)

- Sami, from Vizly Labs

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events