Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confluence losing data

Haroon Habibi August 17, 2022

Have lost information twice now while editing Confluence pages. Taking notes as it appears to be happening again:

• Latest version of the page as shown in the page version control history includes all text expected to be present
  • Clicking "edit" appears to only show a portion of the page text
    • I am confident I did not accidentally delete the missing portion of page text. Lots of issues and delays publishing and suspect the new Confluence merge is causing issues.
  • Clicking "preview" shows the missing text, but clicking "revert" does not fix the issue
  • Unable to solve without copying/pasting from an earlier revision

A similar situation happened on another personal page last week and all notes were lost. The page version history does not contain any versions that include the notes.

Added info:

• Challenges publishing and being repeatedly told connection has failed and I need to refresh the page (risk of losing changes):

1 answer

0 votes
Bill Bailey
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 17, 2022

Hello @Haroon Habibi this does sounds like a flaky connection to the server, that the server is not connecting to update from the browser. If get that error message again, just wait until you see the notification at the bottom of the page and it says "Ready to go"

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events