Confluence is sleeping on user requests - found a 15 year old open ticket

Irina Divinsky November 18, 2021

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-5974 

How do we get this implemented, Confluence needs to see this and also create the ability to move bulk child pages to a new parent page! I want answers on this 15 year old ticket though. 

Confluence, I'd like to speak to your manager, PM

1 comment

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 19, 2021

There seems to be three questions here (two related) and I'm a bit stuck on answering them on various levels.

Q1.  "Confluence is sleeping on user requests"

This sounds like you're saying that a user clicks on something and Confluence freezes?  Is that right?  If so, what are they doing that freezes?

Q2.  Bulk move pages to a new parent

That would be useful occaisionally, but I don't think the need happens enough for it to be worth coding for specifically.  You can already move pages around the tree from the space tools, albeit one at a time, which knocks out most of the desire to move them en-masse (as it's rare you want to do all of them).

And there's an alternative to moving them all - change the parent page's content to what the target page says already, then do a couple of page renames

Q3. Mass delete

This one was implemented a while ago - if you delete a page, you're now asked if you want to delete its child pages or orphan them

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events