Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Confluence import xml backup problem

Hello.

I try to migrate Confluence to another server. I had backuped confluence install directory and application-data. On production Confluence I made a xml-backup file - all OK, no errors.

Note: Prodaction Confluence on MySQL 5.7 version. I need migrate to PostgresQL 11 - how I understand psql 11 - latest supported DB.

On new server, I installed PostgresQL 11 and Confluence from .bin-file same version as a Prod (7.12.4). Created DB with ENCODING 'UTF-8' LC_COLLATE 'ru_RU.UTF-8' LC_CTYPE 'ru_RU.UTF-8' for correct Russian support. Created Confluence DB user and granted all to new DB.

Then I copy Confluence HOME and APP-DATA directories from Prod to new Server - all OK, no errors.

On step, when I need to restore Confluence from xml backup file - I put xml.zip backup to /app-data/confluence/restore directory - new Confluence see that file, restored - OK.

But, I cant login and there is no data! In PostgresQL terminal - new Confluence DB size - 37 MB. In Prod MySQL db size - 1,5GB.

What that and how to fix that issue?

P.S. By same steps I had migrated Jira - database and data recovered from Jira xml backup file. There was no errors to import data to PostgresQL DB.

0 comments

Comment

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

Watch 4 Confluence apps compete for Best App Demo in September's Appy Hours

Calling all collaborators! Appy Hours on the Atlassian Community is a monthly event where 4 Partner and app vendor presenters go head-to-head with 5-minute demos for the title of Best App Demo. I...

599 views 0 13
Read article

Atlassian Community Events