Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Confluence import xml backup problem

Sas Net I'm New Here Oct 20, 2021

Hello.

I try to migrate Confluence to another server. I had backuped confluence install directory and application-data. On production Confluence I made a xml-backup file - all OK, no errors.

Note: Prodaction Confluence on MySQL 5.7 version. I need migrate to PostgresQL 11 - how I understand psql 11 - latest supported DB.

On new server, I installed PostgresQL 11 and Confluence from .bin-file same version as a Prod (7.12.4). Created DB with ENCODING 'UTF-8' LC_COLLATE 'ru_RU.UTF-8' LC_CTYPE 'ru_RU.UTF-8' for correct Russian support. Created Confluence DB user and granted all to new DB.

Then I copy Confluence HOME and APP-DATA directories from Prod to new Server - all OK, no errors.

On step, when I need to restore Confluence from xml backup file - I put xml.zip backup to /app-data/confluence/restore directory - new Confluence see that file, restored - OK.

But, I cant login and there is no data! In PostgresQL terminal - new Confluence DB size - 37 MB. In Prod MySQL db size - 1,5GB.

What that and how to fix that issue?

P.S. By same steps I had migrated Jira - database and data recovered from Jira xml backup file. There was no errors to import data to PostgresQL DB.

0 comments

Comment

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence Cloud

🏠 Say hello to the new Confluence Home!

Hi Atlassian Community, My name is DJ Chung, and I’m a Product Manager on the Confluence Cloud team. Today, I’m excited to share a new and improved version of Home. The new Home helps you ...

41,410 views 28 130
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you