Confluence for lawyers (?)

Deleted user December 5, 2019

hello to all, I am looking for real examples of Atlassian Confluence application in the world of lawyers or legal departments of companies. Someone willing to tell me about his experience?

3 comments

Fabienne Gerhard
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 5, 2019

Hi @[deleted] 

we had an interesting presentation at our usergroup in Munich in May - it was about data security law in Europe but when you watch the video of the presentation from the lawyer (around minute 16:10 something) you see their confluence and how they use at their law office and for their clients. 

They use it for eLearning, checklists, overview of documents needed, versions, state of certifications aso. 

Hope this may give an idea (even as it is in german)

Paul Gordon January 3, 2020

Hi, not a lawyer but I thought it may be worthwhile mentioning that Confluence is making some critical features redundant. One of these that I find critical to my own work from a compliance perspective (ISO 9001:2015, ISO/IEC 27001:2013) is the removal of the 'Whats changed' box. I and many others use this to track changes to Confluence pages. Without this we may have to migrate away from Confluence as it is no longer fit for purpose. It is still possible to see the previous page versions but without the relevant comments on what was updated and why it is virtually useless to us.

I would imagine that you would need to ensure a high level of document control in your field and I thought this may be something that may be worth bearing in mind. See ticket CONFCLOUD-65695, here you can see this is listed as something they will not consider bringing back (despite the many claims it will render Confluence useless to a proportion of the Confluence user base. 

nursalim December 15, 2022

Hi there! I'm unsure if I can help you with real-world examples of Atlassian Confluence in the legal world, but I know that many law firms and legal departments are turning to the platform to help streamline their processes. My brother works for an expungement lawyer firm (https://www.erasethecase.com/blog/what-does-a-florida-expungement-lawyer-do/), and he relates that Atlassian Confluence is great for managing documents, creating and organizing content, and collaborating with colleagues. It's also incredibly secure and customizable, which makes it an excellent fit for legal teams. I hope this information helps you!

Jelyamorw October 5, 2021

Of course, in a contract for the purchase of office furniture, for example, the buyer and seller have the right to decide when the goods are to be delivered, when payment is to be made when the risk of the goods passes during delivery, the condition, and quantity of the goods, the time for complaint, who pays for delivery in case of incorrect goods, etc. I recently came across an exciting article https://www.vasaadvokat.se/avtalsratt/. I learned that the laws that exist on contract formation and contract content, such as the Contract Law, the Procurement Law, the Consumer Purchase Law, are almost always largely dispositive, i.e., they apply unless otherwise agreed.

Like Deleted user likes this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events