You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.
Level 1: Seed
25 / 150 points
1 badge earned
Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!
What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.
Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!
Join now to unlock these features and more
The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.
So we've just started a refactoring of our documentation in Confluence. Moving all the relevant documentation to a new space and building that space with templates and labels.
For example, We use Content by label to generate lists on what we expect different people to work on, this is built with labels and AND statement possible in Content by Label
What we've found out is that Confluence macros are a mess. There are multiple label macros built in for Confluence, and they all work in different ways.
When we're looking on how to solve this, most of the threads found here in the community links to plugins in the Atlassian Marketplace. If not, there are bugs that are 7 years old that never seem to be implemented.
As a government entity, we can't pay for a documentation system only to be told to pay for for 3-5 3rd-party plugins (that might break things when upgrading) to solve things that should have been in the product from the beginning.
Also I guess support would be a pain since I now have 4-6 different entities to raise support questions to depending on what breaks.
I'm beginning to doubt Confluences usefulness for documentation and longing back to DokuWiki (which BTW also required multiple plugins).
So, my question is this.
Confluence basic functionality without plugins, is it usable?
Explain to me how not having the ability to do AND between labels is of "no real use".
Content by label macro for instance, has AND.
You can therefore make two labels, say infrastructure and servicedesk, that Content by label macro can then show only pages matching those two labels and ONLY those labels.
Every other page that has servicedesk isn't listed.
The Content Report Table can't do that. "No real use" is not an answer here.
How is Auto-Completing a Space name in one Macro label "of use" and in another "no real use".
What Im getting at is this:
It's as if each separate Label Macro was programmed by a different programmer and they didn't communicate or set up a standard for how Label macros should behave.
Which makes me question the quality of the product.