Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confluence attachments file storage limit

HiteshS May 10, 2018

Hello All,

Could any one guide how i can see the default confluence server files storage limit?

Do we have any kind of upgrade option where we can increase the storage limit.

Currently i am using below confluence version:

Confluence 6.3.3

5 answers

0 votes
5140883 February 13, 2020

Here, 2000+ users and 800G+ attachments ... and don't know the limits

We will expand storage to 3T right now

0 votes
Jonathan Smith
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 11, 2018

@HiteshS We are at 2000 users with 80GB opt/attachments directory. Since we host the solution, there really isn't a max number: It all comes down to hardware limitations and pricing of memory. Once we hit 90% capacity, we increase storage and plan for future growth.

@Brant Schroeder 's link above notes the following:

Server

..... for overall storage capacity, it depends on your hardware specifications and storage configurations.

0 votes
HiteshS May 10, 2018

Thank you Smith.

but i am looking for overall confluence server storage limit. I found one link here which shows that if users are 0-500 then 25 GB will be and if Users are 500+ then 100 GB (combination of JIRA and confluence both).

URL: https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloudkb/how-to-see-how-much-server-space-is-being-used-691011836.html

Regards,

Hitesh

0 votes
Jonathan Smith
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 10, 2018

Hi @HiteshS,

Are you referencing the attachments directory size on the server or an actual file which is larger than 100mb? Opt/attachments is where the bulk of your attachments will live so you will want to allow enough space for future growth.

For files: To change the max attachment size allowed for uploading, follow the link @Brant Schroederposted. Here is a direct link to the configuration change page: https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/configuring-attachment-size-150040.html

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 10, 2018

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events