Confluence Server apps to power up your intranet

wa1_kh00 May 14, 2020

Hi,

I'm curious if anyone here has used any apps (and would recommend) that make their Confluence/intranet even more robust, friendly to use, flexible, etc.

My org is thinking of creating an intranet using Confluence Server and there are so many apps out there that can make it even more useful/powerful. BUT is there an one-app-to-tackle-em-all?

Thanks,

~Wai

4 comments

Mike Rink
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 14, 2020

What instantly comes to mind is Linchpin - https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1220341/linchpin-intranet-suite?hosting=server&tab=overview

Certainly the top app for Intranets, in my mind. 

Like # people like this
wa1_kh00 May 15, 2020

@Mike Rink This looks very interesting! Is this a native app or a 3rd party platform that we have to subscribe to as well? Also, do you know if this something an org can install/configure themself or is it best to have a partner vendor to help implement?

Like Martin Seibert likes this
Mike Rink
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 15, 2020

@wa1_kh00 I've never implemented Linchpin myself, but I would suspect that it would be smoother working with a Solutions Partner. The firm behind the app, Seibert Media, would be able to give you a better answer about that. It is an app in the ecosystem specifically designed to work with Confluence. 

Colin Helke
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 15, 2020

Hey @wa1_kh00

I am a consultant for //SEIBERT/MEDIA and can answer any questions you have about Linchpin. I would love to meet and discuss your needs further. You can schedule a meeting with me here: https://calendly.com/chelke. We will also set up a free demo site for you to see how the suite works within Confluence. 

Thanks,

Colin Helke

Colin Helke
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 15, 2020

Thanks for the Linchpin mention @Mike Rink 

Hey @wa1_kh00,

I would love to meet and discuss your Confluence/Intranet needs. You can schedule a meeting with me here: https://calendly.com/chelke. We can discuss Linchpin and create a demo site for you to see how Linchpin works within Confluence.

Martin Seibert
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 16, 2020

@wa1_kh00 Linchpin Intranet is a regular Confluence Server and Data Center app. See our website to learn more about it.

We are heavily investing in self service approaches to implement Linchpin on your own. At this point I recommend contacting us or a Linchpin Partner to get advice. We're here to help.

You can also ask on this forum. I am monitoring the keyword "intranet" and "Linchpin". But I am obviously not as fast as @Mike Rink. :-D 

Like # people like this
wa1_kh00 May 18, 2020

@Martin Seibert Thanks for the info! Will definitely reach out when we're ready, I'll be sure to use the keywords!!

wa1_kh00 May 18, 2020

Hi @Colin Helke , I'm taking up your offer and just scheduled something on your calendly! 

Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 14, 2020

Probably the most useful and versatile app we have purchased for Confluence is Confiforms. There are so many possibilities that come with Confiforms. We have used it for creating email forms, company surveys, internal mini-apps in Confluence, creating Jira tickets, storing structured data in Confluence, using it for a more powerful way of doing templating, etc. It's an incredibly robust app.

Like wa1_kh00 likes this
wa1_kh00 May 15, 2020

Hmmm...this might be something I have to keep in my back pocket for future rollout iterations! :-)

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 14, 2020

Obviously, I'm going to say ScriptRunner, as I work for Adaptavist.  Obligatory marketing out of the way, I'd say that most apps for Confluence are really good at modifying it in specific ways. 

I don't think there's any app I can say "everyone should have this".   ScriptRunner is great, but mostly for automation and back-end stuff, rather than making things look different.  Content formatting is a great set of things some authors would make use of.  Team Calendars gives us, well, calendars.

I don't think I've seen two client Confluences that have the same apps installed, even when I'm looking at the ones I've set up.  Everyone has different needs.

I've even got one Confluence that has only one app, and that's a theme plugin that's not too far off the default theme anyway.  The admins have managed to do all the clever stuff they needed with user macros!

I'd sign up to watch https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-questions/Must-have-Confluence-tools/qaq-p/1379230 as well - it's a similar discussion with a couple of good mentions already.

Like # people like this
wa1_kh00 May 15, 2020

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist- Of course! We're planning to get ScriptRunner (for Jira and Confluence), so I might pick your brain later once I have more clarity on how things should work/behave. And thanks for the discussion link, will check it out.

Julius Zatroch June 9, 2020

Hi @wa1_kh00 

I think your question "make their Confluence/Intranet even more robust, friendly to use, flexible, etc."  need to be little more specific. Do you want to have Confluence better for admins, users, IT people, management or CEO ? There are now plenty of good and different addons and Atlassian marketplace is growing every week.

Confluence is wiki and maybe first step is to change it to Intranet.  Best for this is really Linchpin Intranet Suite. But then you will need to adapr your intranet to your company daily life to have it LIVE. Intranet need to live, not to be static. If you want write me and we can try to find what is good for your company.

Like # people like this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events