Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confluence Plugin Pricing at Space Level?

Todd Grayson March 24, 2021

As a long time confluence user trying to pull together reasonable solutions over the cloud product; I have to say that having "space" level licensing for plugins would be a huge help to driving confluence innovation within our company.

Its almost impossible to get ratification of budget for toolsets that require enterprise wide licensing before we can even prove out (POC) our concept and get buy in, let alone show success stories to other teams in the organization.

As a business user, I have to say that having Jira integration be the "coolest" thing we can do is kind of... meh

Is there any roadmap for confluence to start capturing workgroup and department level wins on innovation within spaces, by coming up with a reasonable segmentation on licensing for plugins?

3 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 30, 2021

I do, I suspect the apps you are looking at would be really helpful!  So good luck!

0 votes
Todd Grayson March 30, 2021

Thank you Nic.  Indeed I'm researching setting up a confluence cloud instance that is separate that we can do plugin licensing for R&D into that wont trigger the processes that push being able to do large scale effort out for quarters, if not years.

Now to make sure I dont get in trouble over infosec/IT policies doing it...  wish me luck. 

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 24, 2021

Atlassian do not currently have any plans to change the licence model for apps.

Many places I've seen that want longer than the standard trial periods for apps to test/poc/prove apps have 10 or 25 user staging systems (copies of production with large numbers of deactivated users) that enable them to extend the post-trial testing.

(Although on Server, we just use development licences, no need for paid licences)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events