Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confluence Page Review

Chris Steenwyk December 15, 2020

Hi,

I am looking for a Document Management System that allows users to use a workflow to review and approve documents (pages). Currently we are using Comala to manage that workflow.

Where I am running into problems is in the actual document review step. There are a few things that bother me:

• Inline comments on lines that are deleted can not be marked as "resolved"
  • Reviews do not show differences between previous release and current document
  • Inline comments are attached to the document and unless marked as resolved can be accessed in the "Final" state

Does anybody have any insights in better ways to do what I am trying to do? Or suggestions? I feel like I might just be missing something (at least I hope I am!)

Thanks!

1 answer

3 votes
James Conway
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 16, 2020

Hi @Chris Steenwyk,

Welcome to the community, I am the Senior Product Manager at Comalatech.

• I've tested what happens to inline comments on deleted lines with Comala Document Management enabled and also disabled. I found that in both cases Confluence marks the inline comment as  Resolved because the text was deleted by <user> <time>.
  • Regarding the differences between previous and current, our recommendation is to use native Confluence Page History comparison feature.
  • Confluence's native behaviour is to allow users to view unresolved comments. There is no way to hide them with CDM, but many customers employ another of our apps, Comala Publishing, to resolve this issue. This allows you to completely separate draft and published content, including comments

If you want to discuss these items further, please do not hesitate to contact me here or via https://support.comalatech.com 

Kind regards

James
Senior Product Manager

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events