Confluence: Page Properties Report : Ordering does not work correctly

Marc BEAUFORT February 22, 2019

I have a Page Properties Report in which the ordering is not correct (clicking on the header sort correctly). - See 2 last line of attachmentPage Properties Report - Ordering.JPG

I already check all page and the corresponding properties and don't find any issue. 

Does someone have the same problem ? Any idea ?

Confluence : 6.2.0

1 comment

Bill Bailey
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 22, 2019

Just to clarify, are you expecting the values on line 2 under External Partners to sort? If so, that is not they way it works. The sorting function orders the rows based upon the beginning characters in a field in the target column.

So if you click on Prio, then they should sort by number.

You may also be interested in the article I wrote as it talks about creating custom status macros that will sort properly with the page properties table:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-articles/Getting-Started-with-User-Macros-Writing-a-Wrapper-Macro/ba-p/979571

Marc BEAUFORT February 24, 2019

Thanks for your answer but my concern is the sorting by Prio. I have add in the parameters of the macro (via screen) a sort by Prio and I get the list like on the print screen. where the 2 last lines are not correctly sorted.

If I click on column prio it is sorted correctly but I don't expect the user to click on the header if I put "Prio" as sort criteria in the macro.

Hope it clarifies

Bill Bailey
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 24, 2019

I would make sure that there is not any special character, etc, in front of those two entries. You can either view the storage format, use the inspect function of your browser, or install the source editor to look closely to see what is different about those last two versus the first entries.

Like Zak Laughton likes this
Marc BEAUFORT February 24, 2019

Thanks for your advise. Via Inspect,  I discover differences in the  the table format for the properties . See attachment.

After a cut & paste of the table from a "correct" page, problem was solved.

Many thanks

All.JPGWrong.JPG

Bill Bailey
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 25, 2019

This is the case where a template with the user status macro I wrote about helps. It ensures consistency of data entry.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events