You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.
Level 1: Seed
25 / 150 points
1 badge earned
Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!
What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.
Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!
Join now to unlock these features and more
The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.
So. This is a bug I encountered yesterday, and today I was able to fix it without completely rebuilding the page but I have no idea how. Magic. It drove me nuts yesterday. So I'm hoping someone recognizes this bug and can tell me what happened, or at least a fix that's not as magically confusing, 'cause I have a few more tables that are doing this.
I have a pretty sizable document (~100 Microsoft Office Pages) with tables littered throughout the document. We have a "Step - Action - Result" standard, and so I use the insert numbering column function.
We commonly have collapsed Code Blocks in the Result Section of our Documents, which has never been an issue. In edit mode, this particular table looks fine:
In view mode however... Step 1 disappeared.
At first I thought the first row just disappeared... and then I found it.
I'm pretty sure 1 is NOT the number that follows 12. So to try to troubleshoot it, I copy and pasted the table into my personal space and it got worse!
I returned the code back into the code blocks (all 12) and it fixed itself. No idea how or why that worked, so I copy and pasted it back into the document, and it stayed fixed. So I know it's not a bug with the page.
Oh, but when I pasted back into the original document insert numbering column was no longer checked (I'm assuming because when I pasted it, it thought that all the columns were manually built).
However, we have some tables that have 100+ rows and recreating / whatever I just did would be ridiculous to bother with. Luckily, all the buggy tables have been short.
I have not seen this problem in tables that do NOT have the numbering column, but I also am not quite sure if the order of those tables actually matter (or that I would notice anyway).
There's no hidden CSS or HTML or anything anywhere that I can find that would cause this.
I apologize, I should have clarified... when I said there's no hidden HTML or anything that's what I meant.
I've tried to replicate your issue on my end and I can't seem to get the same behaviour. If there is nothing amiss with the html then I'm not sure what the issue could be. Sorry.