Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confluence Editor jumps / scrolls randomly

Remi August 18, 2021

Multiple users within our space have experienced random jumps / scrolls during editing Confluence Pages since earlier today. Others on Twitter are complaining about the same issue.

Atlassian's Confluence is now so broken, I can no longer use its editor to edit documents. Every few seconds it contacts the server and then scrolls up in the document and loses focus on the place I was typing. - Tweet 1 hour ago

> This confluence BUG is really Irritating, When in edit mode if you make changes the page scrolls to top after 5 or 10 seconds and it keeps doing this, tried all browsers. #confluence #jira @Atlassian @Confluence - Tweet 10 minutes ago

There are some previous discussions on this in the forums, but all are resolved or outdated and did not help here. Anybody have an idea on how to fix this?

Chrome Version 92.0.4515.159 (Official Build) (x86_64)

19 answers

2 votes
Blake Green
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 13, 2023

Mine specifically jumps only when I type the letter n on my keyboard. Is your issue the same?

2 votes
Tom
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 22, 2023

I've been using Confluence with no problems for about a week but this has started happening on all my pages today and it makes confluence completely unusable.

Does anyone have a solution or is there a way to escalate this to a real person at Confluence?

If its not fixed we would have no option than to cancel Confluence, I just can't use it at all.

UPDATE:  Fix in comments

1 vote
Heather Blue February 4, 2023

Same here @Bethany Rockney 

Updating Chrome and restarting my computer didn't resolve the issue.

@LeoAtlassian @atlassiahn 

1 vote
Michael Owen August 18, 2021

Amazingly as per @Remi comment and link above, I have just done a forced refresh on Chrome on my Mac and it does seem to be fixed - What are the chances :-)

Thanks Remi!

0 votes
Ana Tetelbom Schuchmann
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
March 25, 2024

Hey I cleaned the cache and it still happens.
My page is a simple native page with no add-ons or complicated elements.

If anyone has a solution, I will be really grateful!

0 votes
Tom
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
December 14, 2023

Headsup that cleaning my cache in Chrome fixed the problem immediately and it hasn't reoccured yet after a significant time

0 votes
somewhatabstract December 13, 2023

Yup, this is happening for me with `n` also.

0 votes
Deleted user December 13, 2023

Same. n is a shortcut to the next comment when in read mode, however I had an issue the other day where every n entered while in edit mode would just to the next comment. I had to close Chrome completely and it went away.

0 votes
Heather Blue February 6, 2023

@Bethany Rockney Hopefully mine goes away too!

I am thinking it may have to do with one of the macros on the page, since I have expands, children's display, Trello cards, Gdrive files embeded, etc. It isn't a long page, but one of those macros might have a bug issue. I'm only experiencing it on this one page so far, so that is my guess.

0 votes
Bethany Rockney February 5, 2023

As a workaround while it was happening, I started typing text into Word or Notes and then pasting it in Confluence when I was done. Not a perfect solution, but much less painful. 

0 votes
Bethany Rockney February 5, 2023

@Heather Blue The problem went away on it's own for me. I wish I could tell you how! 

0 votes
Bethany Rockney January 11, 2023

This is happening to me now, over a year later. It makes Confluence almost unusable.

0 votes
David O'Regan September 29, 2021

Hi Michael, nope I've done a forced refresh (Ctrl+Shift+R or Ctrl+F5) but when I create a /status on the page it still scrolls to the top. It doesn't happen 100% of the time, when testing it it happened on the third time I created the /status.

0 votes
Michael Owen September 28, 2021

Not happening for me David.  Have you tried the forced refresh on your browser?  It worked on Chrome for me.

0 votes
David O'Regan September 28, 2021

This issue is still happening to me, it seems to be happening mostly when I insert a /status on the page, as soon as I create one it scrolls up to the top of the page. Does this still happen to anybody?

0 votes
Michael Owen August 18, 2021

I am experiencing exactly the same thing.  Started noticing it in the last day or so.  I assumed it was due to the tables / Draw.io image or similar.  Very difficult to do anything on the document. 

0 votes
Remi August 18, 2021
0 votes
Remi August 18, 2021

Atlassian ist working on it.

"Confluence Cloud inaccessible for some customers" https://confluence.status.atlassian.com/incidents/gz4fwd0mx6kt 

0 votes
Remi August 18, 2021

@StGebert on Twitter has filed a bug report # JST-685469

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events