Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confluence Data Center Installation

Navadeep August 8, 2018

Hi Atlassians,

Like to start discussing few points clearly with the Confluence v6.11 setup. Is there any one who have recently setup 6.X Confluence in data center with 2 nodes.

We are planning to setup new version of confluence v6.11(Once the official package is released).

For the Server installation, it was straight forward - An application Server, DB Server and connecting both with the confluence.cfg.xml file
and some updates in the configuration files.

We are planning for a fresh installation of Confluence on Datacenter for the version 6.11. As of now, I am taking v6.10 as base and making
my preparation for the installation.

We have 2 application servers ex. M01, M02 and database is also setup with Oracle 12c R2(as this is being supported in the upcoming Confluence
6.11 release)

Need a confirmation on few things here as per the documentation.
https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/installing-confluence-data-center-203603.html#InstallingConfluenceDataCenter-Beforeyoubegin

We have 2 application servers already setup as of now.

So these two application servers will be NODE-1 and NODE-2
Point-2[Setup your synchrony cluster] says run Synchrony in its own cluster.

Cluster means the two nodes combined together is called cluster ?
Is the "Synchrony node" and node1/Application Server the same ?

We have 2 users[confluence, synchrony] being created by our UNIX team, as the .bin package execution will create the "confluence" user
automatically.

So I login to the application server directly using "confluence" and install the confluence. Does this again create a confluence user ?
Please confirm. If created, do we need to remove a user ?

Will have few more questions once I start with the installation.

In case if anyone have the step-by-step process, could you please share it.

Thanks,
Nav

0 comments

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events