Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confluence Add-On Administrator rights

Marina November 25, 2017

Hi, Kinda new to confluence and been using it to set up projects..I can't for the life of me understand why add-ons are restricted to download unless you are a administrator. It is super frustrating. Google docs allows individuals to download add-ons based on individual needs..why is something like a add-on restricted? Its such a hassle. Being new to a company..not only do I have to go find the admin..I have to stop what I'm doing or waste time finding a work around when it could be solved by me having access to the add-on download. Is this just how confluence is or for some reason my company has this restriction. There are lots of really great add-ons but I can't use any of them to create my pages because I'm not an admin. 

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 25, 2017

Add-ons can

• trash your system
  • cost a lot
  • change the way every single user has to work

You need to control the installation of them.  Google docs are not in the slightest bit equivalent because they are really simple and localised.   Example: I'm not sure the billion or so Google users would be happy for me to impose a picture of my cat as a footer in all their docs, just because I install a "post Esk" add-on I'd written.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events