Confiforms - How to copy EPOC from date field and paste into ReadOnly field formatting as yyy-MM-dd

Glen Collins September 8, 2021

Hello all! I'm trying to copy an EPOC value obtained from a Date field into a ReadOnly field  so I can store that into a table. The value that's returned is an EPOC value. Any way I can update the ReadOnly field with the date string of "yyy-MM-dd"? How do I convert the EPOC value into a string that can be copied into the RO field. So far I have not found a function that deal with EPOC to date string conversion.

Here is what I'm trying to do...

Date Field 1: Date selector formatted as yyyy-MM-dd

Date Field 2: ReadOnly field

Update Date Field 2 with value from Date Field 1 while adding 7 days to the value and then updating Date Field 2 and have it displayed like "yyyy-MM-dd"

I am totally new to confiforms, so this is a learning on the job experience.

Thank you.

Glen

2 comments

Glen Collins September 8, 2021

I answered my own question. After turning on debug I found it was converting the value that I wanted but found out it was not updating the field properly. I had the wrong variables trying to assigned to the field.

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 8, 2021

You can use formatDate on your "epoc" holding field - https://wiki.vertuna.com/display/CONFIFORMS/Virtual+functions

Note that functions and transformations could be applied realtime, so it is very rare when you need to copy the field's value into some other field, but could use it directly

See this quick demo: 

http://recordit.co/6J9lAEGLVv

(as a bonus I have also jiraDateTime function used... dont get confused too much. This function is just a shortcut to formatDate function, but with special pattern)

Alex

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events