Changing document ownership using admin or batch functions

Veronica Burton March 25, 2021

Hello!

We are currently migrating hundreds of documents from one Wiki (ConnectMe) to Confluence and would like to know how to reassign documents to specific owners, since the batch will create them all under the ID of the person executing the API script.

So far we have been using the Copy function to create a new document (by the new intended owner) and then deleting the original document that was created by the batch owner. It is very time consuming.

Our understanding is that there's no way to go into a page and use an admin override function to change the page owner (although that is exactly what we need!). It's been about a year since I asked how to do this, so I thought I'd ask again.

Has anyone done this type of a bulk migration/change of ownership before? We are dealing with thousands of documents and NOT having to manually Copy all of them is of great interest to me. Thank you!

1 comment

Kurt Klinner
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 27, 2021

@Veronica Burton 

Hi Veronica

welcome to the Atlassian community

there is a KB article available on how to change the creator of a page, that describes direct - not officially supported - modifications in the database

https://confluence.atlassian.com/confkb/how-to-change-the-creator-of-a-page-720830744.html

Hope that helps

Cheers

Kurt

Like Deleted user likes this
Nicholas Wade October 18, 2022

2 problems with this answer:

1) You need to be able to run SQL queries against your database

2) It's not for Confluence Cloud - it's for Server and Data Center Only

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events