Change text color in Confluence Banner

Navadeep October 23, 2017

Hi Atlassians,

I need to quickly update a message using confluence banner.

banner.JPG

Already there is a message with yellow background and text in black color bold.

Now i want a blue background with change in text color. Blue background is done. But, how can I change the text color ?

Below is the code for confluence banner which I have now.

<!-- Message Banner -->
<div style="background-color:Blue; border: 2px solid blue; margin: 4px; ;padding: 2px; font-weight: bold; text-align: center;"><marquee>
Notification 10/23/2017: This is the text message that will scroll on Confluence page.</marquee></div>

Best Regards,

Navadeep

2 comments

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 23, 2017

Just add the white color to the font:

<div style="background-color:Blue; border: 2px solid blue; margin: 4px; ;padding: 2px; color:white; font-weight: bold; text-align: center;"><marquee> Notification 10/23/2017: This is the text message that will scroll on Confluence page.</marquee></div>

Excellent !! Thank you so much Thomas for your quick response. Appreciate it.

Best Regards,

Nav

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 23, 2017

You're welcome,  @Navadeep

Gregory Van Den Ham
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 23, 2017

There's all sorts of fun you can have in there.  I use this one for maintenance notices:

<h3 style="text-align: center; color:#B22222;"><code>Notice: &nbsp;7pm Central, 22 September (Tonight) Jira will go Offline for Upgrade Maintenance.</code></h3>

As long as its valid html you're good.  If you screw up the code in the banner you could run into an issue where the application becomes unusable until you hack it out of the database though.  So, little warning there :)

Thank you for valuable information Gregory. Sure, I make a note of that as well and make sure I place proper code in the Banner section. :)

Gregory Van Den Ham
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 23, 2017

glad to help ;)

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events