Cannot edit DrawIO diagram, but can see it

Jeff Rauch June 13, 2019

This has happened to me on two different occasions, slightly different steps but same outcome. In both cases, the end result is I have a diagram I cannot update.  I can assure you there are no page permissions issues that are causing it as I am the admin for both.

Step 1 (both scenarios): Created a diagram but forgot to change the name before I started working

Step 2 (both scenarios): Completed the diagram and couldn't find a "Save As" option so saved it with the generic name "Untitled Diagram"

Step 3.1 (scenario #1): Decided I wanted the diagram on a different page than the one it was created on, so I removed the diagram from the original page and added to the new page.  I could not edit the diagram from the new page, so I added it back to the original page and still no luck. 

Step 3.2 (scenario #2): Tried to change the name of the diagram from the attachments page.  After doing that I could not update the diagram... so I changed it back, still no luck.  

I need to make changes to both and 'd really prefer to not start from scratch again, any help would be most appreciated. 

1 answer

0 votes
John Almeida June 21, 2019

Hi Jeff,

Step 1 & 2, I don't believe Draw.io has a "Save as", but rather includes a File -> Rename which I think you are referring to in Step 2.

Step 3.1 & 3.2 - I'm assuming you used the "Embed Draw.io diagram" option when you tried to move it to a new page which I am also finding it hard to figure out how to edit.

I did find that by going back to create a new Draw.io diagram in the new page and then in the template library, clicking "Recent", it allowed me to edit my original diagram. See what I am referring to here.

I hope this helps! If this doesn't work, you can always switch to Gliffy 😉

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events