Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we use salesforce profiles to control confluence access?

Ashwini Nagaraj March 19, 2018

Hi,

Can you tell me if we can control the confluence access via salesforce profiles?

Thanks in advance!!

4 answers

0 votes

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist-  Thank you :) your answers are helping me to move further. Let me go through the link and get back to you!

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 19, 2018

Yes, give them permission to "access" the pages that make up the contract and docs.

I'm not sure what you want more detail on, so I'm going to guess "external directories" - see https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/configuring-user-directories-229838212.html for the confluence side.  I don't know Salesforce well enough to tell you where to look to configure external users in that.

0 votes

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist- Thank you... Can you give me more details.

Eg: there is a contract and a related document saved in confluence and user need to get the access on contract and its document based on the account of the contract.  Can this be achieved?

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 19, 2018

No, because they're not exposed in a useful way as a user directory.  (Unlike the other way around, where with a bit of code, you could in theory use Confluence's groups to control Salesforce access.  Not that I would bother, if you want shared access control, you should move both systems to use an external identity tool)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events