Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we have a better UX for user journey on Confluence "Restricted Space" error?

Alistair Morrison May 20, 2022

Our users are regularly baffled by the "You've stumbled upon a restricted space" page, mostly because they do not notice what is surely the world's worst login icon at the top right of the page. 99% of the time, they are authorized to view that space, but they need to enter their credentials again. I'm curious if others have this problem and how the page design or user authentication could be improved. 

A couple ideas

• Add some directions to the page that say something like try logging in again
  • Add the words "Log In" or "Sign In" above the little door icon at top right of page.

2 answers

0 votes
Alistair Morrison July 18, 2022

@Nidhi Raj  In case it helps you make the case, here is the user guide I had to create to explain to confused staff what to do if they get the "Stumbled on" page. 

Confluence Stumbled Message.png

0 votes
Nidhi Raj
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 23, 2022

Hi Alistair,

Thank you! I'm on the Confluence product team and we really appreciate you taking the time to not only provide feedback on what isn't working, but also suggestions on how we can make improvements.

We have created a ticket to keep track of the work that needs to be done here and will be bundling it with a few other improvements. 

Thank you for being an Atlassian customer! 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events