Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Built-in macro/support for latex math

Deleted user March 13, 2018

Both Confluence and JIRA would greatly benefit from built-in macros for enterin Latex snippets. This can be implemented with something like https://khan.github.io/KaTeX/ which is published using a very open MIT licence. It doesn't have to be a complex math editor, just some way of entering inline Latex and have it rendered properly (via something like KaTex) when viewed.

I am aware that there are some third-party plugins for this but they all (the ones that support Atlassian Cloud versions of Confluence and JIRA) have various compromises (rendered as PNG) and/or unatractive pricing for what they provide. A built-in, simple solution for this would be much better (with out the limitations that this plug-ins have to deal with).

2 answers

0 votes
szn July 28, 2022

Hi Marko and Dylan,

(Disclaimer – This comment is about a Confluence plugin I wrote this summer)

There are some obvious limitations of marketplace plugins that no one can jump above. Such as the need to open macro-editor in a popup instead of writing a formula straight inline.

But I did my best to integrate it as smoothly as possible. Macros are actually embedded in a Confluence page as encoded SVG images, so they render nicely and load in milliseconds.

Speaking about unattractive pricing here is an early bird 50% off for the first year (or 12 months):

• monthly code: KCZOEX
  • yearly code: RQDXXQ

(the plugin is free for small Atlassian Cloud instances)

Easy Math Equations for Confluence

PS. I wouldn't count on built-in LaTeX support if the Confluence editor is missing even the most basing diagraming capabilities...

0 votes
Dylan Saunders June 26, 2019

Please do.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events