Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bug report - links from Draw.IO diagrams cannot be opened or copied like normal links in the browser

Lukas.Beyeler@dentsplysirona.com January 27, 2022

Creating a draw.io diagram I've added links to Confluence subpages leaving the setting for link behavior on "Automatic". I don't want to force anyone opening the link in the same or in a new tab. "Automatic" doesn't work, it behaves like "open in same tab". Holding CTRL while left clicking the link (i.e. default short-cut to open links in new tab in most browsers) still opens the link in the same tab. There's no link context menu available on right click either, making it impossible to effortlessly copy the address for further use.

This seems like an unintended restriction to navigate the Confluence.

I opened this "discussion" since I cannot report it via https://support.atlassian.com/contact since that requires a "Cloud Confluence" URL.

4 answers

0 votes
Lukas.Beyeler@dentsplysirona.com January 31, 2022

Hi Marija

it definitively doesn't: my browser opens links in the same tab (by default) and in new tabs (holding CTRL), but the click on these links only open in the same tab.

Best,
Lukas

0 votes
Marija Radovic
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 31, 2022

Hi,

Automatic follows the current browser behaviour i.e it is related to a browser you are using.

Kind regards,

0 votes
Lukas.Beyeler@dentsplysirona.com January 27, 2022

Yes, I have 3 options:
* Automatic (the one I selected, see my description)

* Open in same window

* Open in new window

As described: I don't want to force either behavior, I want the link to behave like any normal link. So I chose automatic. None of the other choices lead to the described desired behavior.

0 votes
Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 27, 2022

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events