Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best ways to surface content in multiple branches of the page tree?

One of the top questions Confluence users ask me is, "Where should I put a particular page in the wiki space page tree?" For example, a page on debugging could fall under Quality, Development, Startup, or How-To depending on its focus. Or a page on a particular tool could fall under Tools, Testing, Connectivity or Debug depending on how it is being used at the time.

The advice I usually give people is, consider the audience and what they are trying to accomplish. Make the best decision you can, and consult with me or SMEs as we can move pages or use other tactics (see below).

These are the other tactics I use when a page really could be in multiple places at once. Are there any others you can think of?

Thank you in advance!

• Use appropriate page labels. This improves search results and creates more accurate page listings with reports and Content by Label macros.
  • Use a Content by Label macro to find all pages with specific labels.
  • Link to a related page (use dynamic links)
  • Include a page within another page using the Include Page macro.
  • Confluence macros such as Excerpt Include and Page Properties macros can be used in creative ways to include information from one page on another page.

1 comment

Ash Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 6, 2021

Hey @Michelle Rau good I personally can't think of any more. What you have got there is the best practice from my use :)

Like Michelle Rau good likes this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events