Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best browsers for the new Confluence editor

Billy Abbott May 18, 2020

Ever since switching over to the new editor, we've started noticing significant slow-downs when loading and editing Confluence pages. They feel like client-side browser slowness (we're using Cloud and the slowdowns are consistent no matter how fast the internet connection is), so I've started playing with different browsers to see which ones seem to work best – so far, I've got no clear winner.

So, anyone out there had a play and worked out what they think is best for speed and responsiveness? The team works across Windows and MacOS, so any recommendations for either would be great.

I'm trying to help move people over to using Confluence rather than Google docs and local Word/etc docs, and the responsiveness/speed thing is getting in the way.

3 answers

0 votes
Billy Abbott June 12, 2020

I've had some success in speeding things up after disabling plugins in Chrome – keeping as clean a browser as possible removes a lot of the startup issues with the editor, as well as during editing.

Edge seems pretty good on Mac, which surprised me. Will add Brave to the research list.

0 votes
Lua_Boschman__Comalatech_ June 11, 2020

Also experiencing that slowness, but only on my PC, a rather old device. My Mac which is much faster and more powerful, does not have any trouble. I typically use Firefox on both, and they're both on the same internet. On my PC, I found that it runs a bit fastest on Brave, compared to Firefox or Chrome.

0 votes
Árpád Kunszt May 18, 2020

I also have the same experience. The new editor is unbelievable slow (and dumber than the old but that's another question). It's slower than the old 9600bps serial terminals I worked two decades or more before. It's a definitely a big step back.

I reverted to the old editor by copying and moving pages created earlier. It's still less inconvenient than typing in a full sentence to the new editor.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events